polygene-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: yeoman-work back to develop
Date Sun, 04 Jun 2017 00:54:50 GMT
As for Docker;

Don't forget that this is code generation and it is EXPECTED that people
tailor it to their needs. I chose ":latest" so that we don't have to
constantly maintain the version as those dependencies are likely to upgrade
faster than we do. It is not important whether the generated project will
break long-term for using ":latest".

Docker being present is a similar thing. If you don't want Docker, kill the
DockerRule and change to connect to the external system available through
other means.

I think the main point is; We don't need to tailor for all possible
situations, as generated code is not 'final' in any shape, way or form. But
perhaps the generator should "check for Docker" and don't generate a
Dockerrule and disable the test if it is not present.

Cheers

--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer