polygene-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: Non-Accessible Public Method??
Date Wed, 07 Jun 2017 07:31:31 GMT
So Paul, in commit 40d8d6de0c4c459d09ffad31110b3057d175536a you removed
setAccessible(true) in CompositeMethodModel, on the basis that it is not
needed. After all, the method is from an interface and public by default.

But that is for some reason not true.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1oCChgcqYT7RVhvMG1oaHBJQXc
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1oCChgcqYT7YlRDZnRXc2VBcnc

and for completeness

public interface SqlTable
{
    BaseEntity fetchBaseEntity( EntityReference reference,
ModuleDescriptor module );

So, I have no idea why a public interface method is not "accessible",
perhaps it is something new, or something leaking from Java 9.

I am also very concerned that our tests don't catch this. I will try to
reproduce this for test setting prior to adding the "set accessible" to the
above place. Additionally, were there any other locations where this was
changed?

Cheers