polygene-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: Code generation resulting in GPL or even commercial licensing
Date Mon, 05 Jun 2017 16:37:14 GMT
It is for users to get a new project of their choosing (commercial or
otherwise) going. The generator asks questions of what needs to be glued
together, and potentially the choices that users make could result in GPL
and/or commercial licensing would be needed.

As it is right now, only ALv2 compatible parts are used, but I could
imagine generation of projects that used Neo4j (potentially AGPLv3), Oracle
SQL or Coherence, BerkleyDB and others. The glue code (when needed) would
exist elsewhere, and a set of of Maven coordinates to create the dependency
in the generated codebase.

Cheers

--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer