polygene-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Mattmann <mattm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Code generation resulting in GPL or even commercial licensing
Date Mon, 05 Jun 2017 05:59:22 GMT
I tend to agree with Ted on this particular point.

Niclas, if you want something more formal than that, I encourage you to file a ticket in
LEGAL JIRA [1].

Thanks,

Chris

[1] http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LEGAL

From: Ted Dunning <ted.dunning@gmail.com>
Date: Sunday, June 4, 2017 at 12:13 AM
To: "legal-discuss@apache.org" <legal-discuss@apache.org>
Cc: "dev@polygene.apache.org" <dev@polygene.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Code generation resulting in GPL or even commercial licensing

Legality aside, I wouldn't see a problem with this if there is a warning/report about licensing
status of the result of building a project.

Regarding legality, I see no difference between your project and a code development tool that
allows me too add dependencies that have a variety of licenses.

I speak here as just me, not as a lawyer, not as any Apache authority.