polygene-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Merlin <paulmer...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JOOQ EntityStore
Date Mon, 12 Jun 2017 14:14:10 GMT
Hi Niclas,

Yep, looks good.

> Interestingly enough, the current design (without history) preserves state
> of sub-types, which I think is no longer supported in other ES
> implementations. This is just a side-effect of how the storage is
> structured.

IIRC, all JSONMapEntityStore support this, JSONEntityState gets the full
state and changes are surgically applied. PreferencesES should too.
Don't know about Cassandra.

> [snip]
>
> P.S. I am also keen on improving/expanding the ES test suite. It is
> currently a bit rudimentary, and I think we should try to improve that.

The above is worth adding to the test suite. Most of our EntityStores
preserve polymorphic state. I'd say that EntityStores that don't support
this should explicitly opt out of it by ignoring the corresponding test.