polygene-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Merlin <paulmer...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Configuration structure
Date Sun, 04 Jun 2017 12:37:07 GMT
Le 2017-06-04 13:23, Niclas Hedhman a écrit :
> initialValueProvider should be marked "incomplete" or something.

I'd rather simply remove it from the api for now.
I'll do that if no one yell :)

> For the rest, not so sure I like it. I think I would prefer something
> more
> composite-like, but not sure yet.

One thing that is already possible is to declare defaults at assembly,
getting system properties/env at that time. That's how I do for my apps
and I like the explicitness.

module.forMixins( MyConfig.class )
       .declareDefaults()
       .myProperty().set( System.getenv( "SOME_THING_WHATEVER_THE_NAME" )
);

Just to say, I'm not sure I like the extra magic.
I'd favor it to be opt-in. But I'd be happy with a way to opt-out too.