polygene-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Dependencies
Date Sat, 27 May 2017 12:03:50 GMT
Paul,
I think you are probably the only one who can answers this. This surfaces
in the Yeoman generator with BootstrapTest, and most tests fail because of
this (maybe other things).

In a generated project, I have a dependency on, say entitystore-leveldb.

    compile "org.apache.polygene.extensions:org.apache.polygene.extension.entitystore-leveldb:$polygeneVersion"

In the generated project, the above is on the 'bootstrap' module, and the
'app' module has a dependency on 'bootstrap;

    compile project( ":bootstrap" )

Compiles alright, BUT when that project is RUN, the runtime dependency in
entitystore-leveldb of;

    runtimeOnly libraries.leveldb_java
    runtimeOnly libraries.leveldb_jni_all

seems to get lost in translation somewhere and not part of the classpath.
So, the generated project is using "vanilla Gradle" without our fancy way
of doing stuff, but the runtime dependencies of Polygene extension is not
there, even though I think it should be.

However, the dependencies of this configuration,

    implementation libraries.leveldb_api

are included transitively.

IF this is the case, then that would seem to suggest that we have a serious
problem somewhere.

Any comment on what could possibly be going on here?

Cheers
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer