polygene-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Removing cruft
Date Thu, 25 May 2017 06:17:37 GMT
Gang,

since the UnitOfWork system is now Composites, shouldn't that mean that we
can clean up a lot of "special features" in there, and replace with
standard ways, such as Services instead of explicitly know SPIs reachable
from Module.

In fact, all I am talking about is present in a single interface

public interface ModuleSpi extends Module
{
    EntityStore entityStore();

    IdentityGenerator identityGenerator();

    Serialization serialization();

    MetricsProvider metricsProvider();

    ValueTypeFactory valueTypeFactory();
}

And isn't that the same "should be provided by default" that we discussed
earlier?

I think this shows that there is a fundamental issue, and we should simply
replace all of the above with services insread.

WDYT?

Cheers
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer