polygene-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject New persistence format
Date Fri, 12 May 2017 06:52:02 GMT
I am looking at the new persistence format, and made an observation that I
never did before, probably too long ago the exact format was of interest or
was never there...

All the changes that are written out, all receives the same "version".
Which means that the (in theory) people can audit what changes were grouped
together. Now, since history is overwritten, this is lost, but eventually
that should be fixed, and keeping all history should be optional, in which
case full transparency is possible.

Now, the "UseCase" that triggered the change is not captured, but it should
be quite easy to add such feature, simply storing UseCase name, time,
metainfo (if any) and "version" as a separate entity. I think such thing
could be made simply by adding a SideEffect on the EntityStore and we
should perhaps provide that as standard feature. Because, with metainfo on
Usecases, that could in capture REST API paths and arguments, incl the
person logged in. I.e. getting loads of audit for very little effort.

Just saying...

Cheers
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer