polygene-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Configuration structure
Date Mon, 29 May 2017 05:47:52 GMT
Hi,

at the moment, the content of the properties file drives what is expected
in the ConfigurationComposite. If there are more properties than there are
declared and matching Proprety<> methods, then there is an Exception.

This might have been rational back in the days when this was discussed
first time, but if we are heading towards supporting external and perhaps
more exotic configuration "supply-chains", then I think it would be more
logical that the ConfigurationComposite simply reads what it wants and
ignores everything else.

AND then would could have this super cool addition that if no files are
found that works, fall back to System.getProperties() and System.getenv() as
the final backups.

WDYT?

Cheers
--