polygene-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: Issue with null association
Date Sun, 21 May 2017 23:57:02 GMT
On Mon, May 22, 2017 at 1:45 AM, Tibor Mlynarik <tibor.mlynarik@gmail.com>
wrote:
> I have another one. Is it ok to report here or better create JIRA issue ?

Jira would be really good, since it also produces release notes and tell
others what have happened.

> My custom IdentityGenerator ( inherited from layer hierarchy ) is
probably overwritten with default one.

You might get an IdentityGenerator in "current module", since there could
be one "locally". Really depends on what else you have. Otherwise, it
should work pretty much like before, whether you override in assembly or
with a new type.

> My guess is that ModuleAssemblyImpl.addDefaultAssemblers() is not
respecting hierarchy inheritance.

Ahh! Question is whether that is really used. Assuming it is, it would
explain your question. Yes, it does respect hierarchies, but these types
are then added into every module, and "module" visibility trumps
layer/application visibility.

    module.services( IdentityGenerator.class ).withMixin(
MyCustomIdGenMixin.class );

should work, but needed for each module. Possibly, it can be done at layer
level...

    module.layer().services( IdentityGenerator.class ).withMixin(
MyCustomIdGenMixin.class );

The intent is that every service in the layer will be amended with the
mixin.

> I have custom IdentityGenerator declared in BottomLayer but used in
UpperLayer.

The "cost" of declaring in many modules/layers is relatively small.

HTH
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer