polygene-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Today's hangout
Date Mon, 15 May 2017 16:54:28 GMT
We had a cozy hangout today, but we all managed to screw up time, except
Tibor...

Jiri arrived 15:00 Germany current time, which is 13:00 UTC
I told him that it was one hour later, since I forgot that Europe is on
daylight saving.
And Paul showed up at 14:00 UTC, because I sent him a mail...

As Tibor logged in just when we closed down, I had an hour+ chat with him
too. Next month, I hope we can figure out how the clock works.

Ok, so what did we chat about;

1. Personal anecdotes and private life. Nothing important to report here.

2. Outstanding issues for Release 3.0
    * MongoDb config using a non serializable type. Fixed now.
    * LICENSE and NOTICES - build system will handle more
    * BUILDING file needed since Gradle wrapper is not going into source
tarball.
    * NOTICE files in all subprojects to be removed. Legacy from Qi4j days.
Fixed now.
    * Missing License header in one file.- Fixed now.

3. Release 3.0
    * Paul promises to kick off a release build by tomorrow, and we should
have it on vote Tues, Wed, Thur and push the release out on Friday.

    * Version will have 3 digits, so 3.0.0, to follow the release
convention to NPM Registry

    * Press Release on Tuesday a week from now.

4. What's next??

    * I said my primary concern is the ES for SQL/JOOQ and POLYGENE-249
(private and package protected types are not accessible when the should
be). I would like to see a release again in 2-3 months, and hope we can
keep up a Release Often bandwagon

    * Only small requests other than that.

As usual, good to be chatting...

Cheers