polygene-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Merlin <paulmer...@apache.org>
Subject Re: npmTests
Date Sat, 27 May 2017 08:25:07 GMT
Niclas Hedhman a écrit :
> I think you are saying; if Polygene hasn't been built from source, the
> generated project will not have the Docker image available to use. Right??

Yep! That and that on the yeoman-work branch, building from source don't
work anymore with an empty docker service as there's a probably a
mismatch between the docker images tags required in the DockerRule
usages and the docker images tags produced by the build. The tests pass
"by accident" on your end because your docker service still has images
with the coresponding tags.

Niclas Hedhman a écrit :
> 5 out of the 7 Dockerfile we have, don't add anything and could be launched
> from their FROM image directly.
>
> postgres and s3server are the exceptions. Would be desirable to be able to
> get away from the need of extending the source image. But I am really deep
> into the generation stuff to look at that right now.

Right, my 3.0 release manager hat keeps telling me that we should keep
that for 3.1 in order to get 3.0 out the door. We also may not want to
promote o.a.p.test.internal.DockerRule to supported Core test-support API.