polygene-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Merlin <paulmer...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Honker?
Date Sat, 15 Apr 2017 11:54:44 GMT
Le 2017-04-14 04:55, Niclas Hedhman a écrit :
> Maybe I have asked this before, maybe I never sent the mail...
>
> What is Honker supposed to do?

Honker:
- inspects dependencies for licensing metadata, including transitives
- enforces Apache Licence compatibility of dependencies at build time
- generates DEPENDENCIES, LICENSE and NOTICE files, included in the
built artifacts
- allows you to explicitly choose a license for multi-licensed
dependencies

See
https://github.com/apache/polygene-java/blob/develop/buildSrc/src/main/groovy/org/apache/polygene/gradle/code/PublishedCodePlugin.groovy#L92-L122

In addition to that we use Gradle dependency resolution rules to trade
some transitive dependencies to ones compatible with the Apache License,
e.g.
https://github.com/apache/polygene-java/blob/develop/dependencies.gradle#L250-L255