polygene-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject What is a ValueComposite?
Date Tue, 11 Apr 2017 06:23:09 GMT
Gang,

I figured out what was going on with the ValueType not containing
ValueComposite.class for a ValueComposite in a Property of something else.

It was as I suggested a matter of only checking interfaces during the
building of the composite models, and hence not looking at any registered
types.

But this made me wonder....

module.values( List.class ).withMixins( MyList.class );

Property<List<String>> nicknames();

Is nicknames now a ValueComposite or not?

It is simply a matter of we have no strong definition when an interface
"becomes" a ValueComposite.

And I have no good answer either (mostly because of the sample above), but
I think we need an answer "now".

And when does this matter; Well, at the moment I can only think of
indexing/query and deserialization of entities (again, should a HashMap or
a MyList be attempted above?)

Cheers
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer