polygene-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Merlin <paulmer...@apache.org>
Subject Re: New record in test coverage??
Date Sat, 15 Apr 2017 12:01:23 GMT
Le 2017-04-15 05:06, Niclas Hedhman a écrit :
> Number of tests
>
>  19624 passing (13h)
>
> niclas@devdesk:~/dev/polygene/java/tools/generator-polygene$ wc -l
> `find
> -type f | grep -v node_modules | grep -v ./build`
> <snip>
>  2857 total
>
> 19,000 tests for 2857 lines of code
>
> :-)
>
> Yeah, I have run an exhaustive check on all combinations that can be
> given
> as input to the Yeoman generator, excluding a model.json file. And it
> even
> means that 19624 applications were created and compiled.
>

> So 1500 tests/hour (2.4sec/test) ; Any ideas on how to improve that by
> magnitude or more?
>

> Cheers

Woah!

Maybe something like https://github.com/danielstjules/mocha.parallel/
could help a bit.

Maybe changing the gradle target tasks for the test could help.
We run `./gradlew build` on each permutation which both assemble and
check each project.
I don't see any tests in the generated projects.
Assembling might be costly because of the generated applications
distributions with many dependencies.
So maybe using `./gradlew compileJava` is enough for now.
And if we add tests, `./gradlew test` would be enough too.