polygene-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Yeoman generator
Date Sat, 11 Mar 2017 01:02:07 GMT
Hi,
Last night I made a big improvement on the generator-polygene, making a lot
easier to work with the codebase (modular, creation-by-convention,...).
Still room for improvement in that area, but it is now miles better.

I am toying with the idea of generating ALL possible projects in the
integration tests, to ensure that no conflict exists, or that something is
missed in some combination. But my Groovy-Fu is just not "there", and I
don't want to look "silly" by having a Java program with Groovy syntax.

In essence, generate 2688 JSON documents with all possible combinations,
and pass them one by one to a command line.

Why so many?

1 of 14 entitiy stores
1 of 4 indexing
1 of 2 serialization
1 of 3 caching
1 of 2 metrics
each of 2 features (4 combos)

And with each other feature I add, the number doubles, so perhaps not
doable in the long run, as I intend to include the following features
eventually;

  'rest api'
 ,'security'
// ,'version migration'
// ,'logging'
// ,'jmx'
// ,'circuit breakers'
// ,'file transactions'
// ,'spring integration'
// ,'servlet deployment'
// ,'osgi support'
// ,'alarms'
// ,'scheduling'
// ,'groovy mixins'
// ,'javascript mixins'

Other things that I am working on are;
  * Support for adding Domain Layer modules with entities, values,
objects....
  * Support for different application types; Rest, command line, WAR,
Docker(?)
  * Post creation-time, creation of new modules with entities, values,
objects....
  * and hopefully, post creation-time addition of features.

The last two are of course very tricky, since humans may have been
tinkering with files, so perhaps that is a pipe-dream.

Anyway, if anyone could help out with the tests, then this could be wrapped
up pretty quickly. Meanwhile, I will continue on the other features.

Cheers
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer
http://polygene.apache.org <http://zest.apache.org> - New Energy for Java