polygene-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject post-3.0 - Indexing/Query
Date Sun, 19 Mar 2017 08:45:43 GMT
We are moving in on a 3.0 release, and I just want to confirm that we wait
with Indexing re-write until after the 3.0

It is a large and complex area, but I think it needs to be addressed in
similar fashion to Serialization.

I also think that Indexing can have a generic part that is either
overridden or delegated to a specific implementation. There must be a
reasonable amount of overlapping and we should investigate the 'generic
indexing' and 'generic querying' spaces and see what can be found.

The good news is that quite a lot of testcases are present, so should be
relatively easy to confirm functionality.

--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer
http://polygene.apache.org <http://zest.apache.org> - New Energy for Java