polygene-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Merlin <paulmer...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Don't throw Exceptions during Bootstrap
Date Wed, 29 Mar 2017 15:55:32 GMT
Niclas Hedhman a écrit :
> And if there is a bit more to the methods;
>
> Composition Problems Report:
>     message: No implementation found for method
>     method: Map doAnotherThing(String name, int value)
>     types: [Person,ValueComposite]
> --
>     message: No implementation found for method
>     method: void doOneThing()
>     types: [Person,ValueComposite]
> --

That looks awesome!
+1 for using simple names

> I am sacrificing the generics information, as it becomes very verbose.

You mean displaying

    Map doAnotherThing(String name, int value)

instead of e.g.:

    Map<String, Integer> doAnotherThing(String name, int value)

?

I think we have the utility methods to do that quite easily. But yeah,
you can't have overloads whose sole difference is a method parameter
type generic parameterized type. And for method return types we don't
care either. So, ok to sacrifice the generics in the report!