polygene-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <hedh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache Polygene - Future Directions
Date Sun, 18 Dec 2016 08:54:11 GMT
If I understand your intention (Christmas Wish) correctly, you want to
marry our pink unicorn with the green monster, or?

I am not a Spring addict, and don't want to see a hard dependency on it.
Work to strengthen the spring integration is most welcome, but I think need
to be handled by someone with more Spring fu than I have.

Otherwise I think I agree with you. And I think the best way to lower
barrier are;

1. More Yeoman temllating.
2. Generation of a Angular front end from a Polygene model, and wiring in
between.
3. Custom classes for Property, Association, ++

The last one may seem odd. But, I have now gotten push back a couple of
times that our classes are central in data model classes. But people don't
have a problem with in-house interfaces of the same. And it is probably
something that could be supported, that people are allowed additional
interfaces to be used. Have not thought that through completely yet, but
interesting in its own right.

Cheers
Niclas