polygene-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Merlin <paulmer...@apache.org>
Subject Re: SPI or @Structure
Date Thu, 08 Dec 2016 14:35:57 GMT
Niclas Hedhman a écrit :
> Ok,
> should we then stop having Module extends XyzFactory, and they are obtained
> likewise? Just in case we in future want some other mechanism for the
> XyzFactory types, and not depend on the entire Module.
>
> I think so, as it then becomes more symmetrical and it is not relevant that
> ModuleInstance implements ValueBuilderFactory at the moment.

This would mean that we won't anymore be able to:

  module.newTransient(..)

and that we would have to:

  module.transientBuilderFactory().newTransient(..)

These shortcuts are pretty convenient IMO.

But, yes, ModuleInstance should delegate all the nifty details to the
corresponding services/factories. Right now it contains way too much
implementation details of each of these factories.