polygene-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Merlin <paulmer...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Gradle Build support
Date Thu, 08 Dec 2016 10:55:28 GMT
So, yes we should provide users a Gradle plugin to easily build a
Polygene library/extension/application.

About the changes I made to the SDK build. For now I just moved all
build logic to buildSrc so it's more manageable and easy to refactor.
>From a gigantic root build.gradle file we moved to gigantic plugins in
buildSrc. I added the minimal set of niceties so that build scripts
spread over the modules are concise. Eating our own dog food. I'll
refactor this slowly and progressively and at some point we'll be able
to extract a Gradle plugin to make things easy for users. It may be on
time for 3.0, it may not.

The main goal of such a Polygene Gradle plugin will mostly be about easy
dependencies declaration. We don't need much more than that I think, as
a first step at least.