polygene-dev mailing list archives

From Georg Ragaller <z...@dev.ragaller.org>
Subject Re: Project name change
Date Thu, 10 Nov 2016 15:07:36 GMT
Am 2016-11-09 20:01, schrieb Paul Merlin:
> Anyway I think we should aim at something both short and easy to
> remember/spell.

Good point.

> The ones I like from the list, in order, so far:
> 1. Akira
> 2. Zebu
> 3. Puma
> 4. Qi
>
> 1. I like both the original japanese meaning and the manga with the
> same
> name
> 2. cool animal
> 3. cool animal, not A* nor Z*
> 4. "apachee chee" I know ... but's it's our roots, isn't it? .. I don't
> remember why we did not choose it in the first place

Rethinking again, then taking the 'root' argument into account  3. and
4.
would be more appropriate for me (association => energy).

And when I look at the current logo (and I really like it ever since)
then
1. + 4. (association => asian) would match better than the other
suggestions.

So the other way round: Should we find a name which can be associated
easily
with the current logo, or is that irrelevant? I guess finding/creating a
new,
appealing logo isn't that easy.

my 2 cents from outer space...

Cheers,