polygene-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Project name change
Date Thu, 03 Nov 2016 03:41:19 GMT
Gang,
We had an oversight when we chose name, almost 2 years ago. Eclipse Zest is
still an active project, and they have been around for a long time.

The name search log shows that Eclipse Zest showed up, but that it was
deemed irrelevant as the project had been "dead" for several years.
However, it had only moved inside another project, and once more since then
and is now part of Eclipse GEF[1].

There is a consensus within the PMC that we should play nice, and simply
change name to avoid confusion. In fact, the reason I found this was from
the Eclipse GEMS project claiming to be able to visualize "Zest models",
and I was profoundly impressed, only to see it wasn't our project's model.

So, let's start all over with finding a name. In the previous round[2] the
following names was brought uip;

- Apache Aura
- Apache COP
- Apache Energy
- Apache Essence
- Apache Gulu
- Apache Mescal(ero)
- Apache Qi
- Apache Stamina
- Apache Verdure
- Apache Zest

I would like to add a few more proposal

Get a spot at top
- Abalone
- *Accalyzer*

Get the spot of "last alphabetic listing":
- Zopper
- Zulu
- Zuqi

Put on your thinking hats and start cracking at this name change.

[1] https://www.eclipse.org/gef/zest/
[2] https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/qi4j-dev/wXg2MdHU-oU
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer