polygene-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: Project name change
Date Fri, 11 Nov 2016 01:05:48 GMT
Current logo; The current logo was designed by a young Chinese artist, who
associated the "Qi" (as in Energy) with some Chinese belief that the inner
Qi comes from steamed white rice. Also, he understood enough of Qi4j, that
he also liked the analogy of "small fragments making a whole", where each
grain of rice represented a Qi4j fragment, with the "bowl of rice" being
the larger whole.

Apache Rice ? (Not exactly search friendly, but...)

Cheers
Niclas

On Thu, Nov 10, 2016 at 11:07 PM, Georg Ragaller <zest@dev.ragaller.org>
wrote:

> Am 2016-11-09 20:01, schrieb Paul Merlin:
>
>> Anyway I think we should aim at something both short and easy to
>> remember/spell.
>>
>> Good point.
>
> The ones I like from the list, in order, so far:
>> 1. Akira
>> 2. Zebu
>> 3. Puma
>> 4. Qi
>>
>> 1. I like both the original japanese meaning and the manga with the same
>> name
>> 2. cool animal
>> 3. cool animal, not A* nor Z*
>> 4. "apachee chee" I know ... but's it's our roots, isn't it? .. I don't
>> remember why we did not choose it in the first place
>>

> Rethinking again, then taking the 'root' argument into account  3. and 4.
> would be more appropriate for me (association => energy).
>
> And when I look at the current logo (and I really like it ever since) then
> 1. + 4. (association => asian) would match better than the other
> suggestions.
>
> So the other way round: Should we find a name which can be associated
> easily
> with the current logo, or is that irrelevant? I guess finding/creating a
> new,
> appealing logo isn't that easy.
>
> my 2 cents from outer space...
>
> Cheers,
> Georg
>

> Am 2016-11-09 20:01, schrieb Paul Merlin:
>
>> Niclas Hedhman a écrit :
>>
>>> Since we seem to be anti-bikeshedding, I am pulling out one metric that
>>> may
>>> influence a choice. This is the main reason I like the fabricated
>>> Accalyzer
>>> name. Easily searchable, to track StackOverflow, and other venues where

--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer