polygene-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Merlin <paulmer...@apache.org>
Subject Re: org.apache.zest.io an org.apache.zest.functional
Date Mon, 28 Nov 2016 16:41:32 GMT
Niclas Hedhman a écrit :
> These two modules and their classes are largely replaced with the Java 8
> Stream API already. I will try to get rid of the completely, as the code
> with Input/Output/Sender/Receiver is significantly more verbose and more
> complex than equivalent code using the Stream API.
>
> I presume no one has any objections to this.
>
> Cheers

About zest.functional:

There's something I don't like with our use of Iterables: we have
multi-iterations and terminal operations spread everywhere. And we don't
distinguish clearly at which stage things must be collected.
Replacing Iterables with Streams where no terminal collection is
required will help.
I've pushed some changes in that direction.

About zest.io:

One thing that Streams don't cope well with out of the box are exceptions.
We'll have to find a pattern to deal with them.

Cheers