polygene-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Merlin <p...@nosphere.org>
Subject Re: Project name change
Date Sat, 12 Nov 2016 13:25:39 GMT
Niclas Hedhman a écrit :
> Current logo; The current logo was designed by a young Chinese artist, who
> associated the "Qi" (as in Energy) with some Chinese belief that the inner
> Qi comes from steamed white rice. Also, he understood enough of Qi4j, that
> he also liked the analogy of "small fragments making a whole", where each
> grain of rice represented a Qi4j fragment, with the "bowl of rice" being
> the larger whole.

Yes! It makes a lot of sense!

> Apache Rice ? (Not exactly search friendly, but...)

I don't see any relevant results when searching for 'apache rice' on
various search engines, probably meaning that they return everything
that has either apache or rice in them. I understand that as: there's no
such thing already.

Niclas, do you recall why we did not use Apache Qi in the first place?
Because of pronunciation issues?
Two characters was too short?
Something else?

Cheers