polygene-dev mailing list archives

From Stanislav Muhametsin <stanislav.muhamet...@zest.mail.kapsi.fi>
Subject Re: [WARNING] Unstable 'develop' branch
Date Mon, 24 Oct 2016 12:16:11 GMT
On 24.10.2016 15:05, Niclas Hedhman wrote:
> I managed to install postgres locally and set up according to your
> instructions. I even needed to figure out that postgresql-contrib package
> was needed for the "ltree" to work (accepted inside psql command line).
>

> However, I now get an error in the testcases;
>
> <failure message="java.lang.InternalError: It seems that your database
> doesn't have ltree as type. It is needed to store collections. Please
> refer to hopefully supplied instructions on how to add ltree type
> (hint: run &lt;pg_install_dir&gt;/share/contrib/ltree.sql script or
> command 'CREATE EXTENSION ltree;')."
> type="java.lang.InternalError">java.lang.InternalError: It seems that
> your database doesn't have ltree as type. It is needed to store
> collections. Please refer to hopefully supplied instructions on how to
> add ltree type (hint: run
> &lt;pg_install_dir&gt;/share/contrib/ltree.sql script or command
> 'CREATE EXTENSION ltree;').
>

> root@devdesk:~# su postgres
> postgres@devdesk:/root$ psql
> could not change directory to "/root": Permission denied
> psql (9.4.9)
> Type "help" for help.
>
> postgres=#  CREATE EXTENSION ltree;
> CREATE EXTENSION
> postgres=# \q
>

> Any ideas??

Indexing-SQL uses some SQL command to test whether ltree extension is
installed.
I totally forgot what is the command, and I can not access Zest codebase
right now.

Can you see the root cause via debugger, the first exception that is
thrown, most likely causes this.
It *might* be that the exception is something else, but the Indexing-SQL
*thinks* it is because of failing ltree-test.