polygene-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Merlin <p...@nosphere.org>
Subject Re: [WARNING] Unstable 'develop' branch
Date Mon, 24 Oct 2016 09:29:23 GMT
Niclas,

> The Identity change is quite massive, and affects many tests, especially in
> the Entity Stores and Indexing/Query subsystems.
>
> The changes builds on my local Linux system, but I notice that Redis and
> Riak (others?) test suites are disabled, and I have not look into making
> them run locally. So there may still be issues, and I am not at all
> surprised if the CI will fail.
>
> And I need to go to sleep now, so it may take a couple of days for this to
> stabilize.
>
> Cheers

All integration tests that depend on external services are skipped if
they can't reach the corresponding external service.

For most of them, simply running the service with the default
configuration is enough (Memcached, Redis, Riak, MongoDB).

The SQL EntityStore is always tested against embedded databases (Derby,
H2, SQLite). If a MySQL or PostgreSQL service is available it will be
tested against them too. The SQL Index/Query is only tested against
PostgreSQL if available. PostgreSQL needs some special setup (user/pass
and some extension for indexing, documented in the corresponding extension).

The CI do not run any of these external services.

Three years ago I did start creating a Docker image with almost all of
these services (https://github.com/eskatos/zest-docker-testbed). It's
completely outdated now. I do have a very limited connection these days
so I won't be able to update it soon. But I have all the services
locally so I'll try and run the integration tests to see if something broke.

Ideally we should build such a Docker image during the build and run the
test suite into it on CI.