polygene-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: Java 9 Support
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2016 10:18:14 GMT
Cool. I have not studied Java 9 one bit, but I heard that JIgsaw introduces
a modular packaging system, which has a different establishment of class
searches, than the linear classpath approach that we are used to.

Did your test run this new modular classloading and/or the "legacy" way??

My guess is that there is opportunity to leverage the modular system in
Java 9, but it is really too early to have good ideas around it, especially
since it is unclear how it fits in with OSGi.

Cheers
Niclas

--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer