polygene-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Merlin <p...@nosphere.org>
Subject Re: Java 9 Support
Date Mon, 12 Sep 2016 00:48:35 GMT
Hey Niclas,

I tried both with and without Jigsaw enabled. The core is OK either way.

The Jigsaw enabled build of JDK 9 I had handy last week was a bit old. I
tried with a more recent build this weekend and found that there will be
more things to fix in a few core tests and around libraries and
extensions.

I started updating all the 3rd party libraries we use. Some of these
upgrades bring Java 9 support, some Jigsaw support, some nothing except
being closer to new versions to come that will enable Java 9/Jigsaw
support.

For 3.0 we should only aim at running OK on Java 9 & Jigsaw, we'll see
how to leverage Jigsaw later ;-)

To be continued

Cheers