polygene-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject JPA?
Date Sat, 30 Jul 2016 23:42:28 GMT
I just came across something that has been discussed several times in the
past. It is a anser on [1]

<quote>
When I read through the Qi4j in 2 minutes, 10 minutes etc. tutorials (the
last one is incomplete), the one obvious question that came to mind was how
do I integrate this with JPA/Hibernate managed entities? I would like to
see a solution that seamlessly integrates with JPA. No JPA implies no Qi4j
adoption in my opinion. I'd love to see an article by the author(s) that
shows integration with JPA and Spring, two things that have deep
penetration in the Java Enterprise world. If the integration is
straightforward, rapid adoption will follow.
</quote>

As I said, this has surfaced several times in the past, and each time it
has been discarded as "impossible" due to our models are significantly
different from JPA in general and Hibernate in particular.

Now, since we are breaking compatibility in a major way, the question that
must be asked is;

    Is there anything we can do to make this a possibility?

Because, even though Hibernate has its serious issues, I think the post
highlights the gist of the problem; Spring and Hibernate is popular. We
should consider that fact seriously.

[1]
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2196612/anybody-using-qi4j/9442920#9442920

Cheers