polygene-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: ValueSerialization mystery
Date Sun, 03 Jul 2016 15:22:43 GMT
On Sun, Jul 3, 2016 at 10:33 PM, Paul Merlin <paul@nosphere.org> wrote:

> IRRC, the issue with "_type" is polymorphism in deserialization.
> For example, if you need to deserialize some Property<Vehicle> that
> contains either a Car, a Bus or a Motocycle you need to read "_type" early.

This is of course an astute argument. There are other consequences of this
when it comes to the Entity=Identity+Value case...
As it is now, I could load a Vehicle entity, be seen and accessed only as a
Vehicle, although it contains the full state of the Bus. But with the
E=I+V, that is no longer possible as I imagine the implementation.

Need some more thought on that.

Cheers
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer