polygene-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: Hello
Date Wed, 27 Jul 2016 09:48:15 GMT
Welcome,
trust me, you will get all the help you need. Contributors doesn't show up
that often, I am happy to assist in any way I can.

The trunk is currently in major upgrade mode to 3.0, where we are taking
the "need to break package names" to put in all the other breakages in one
go, but without too much actual changes.

Once you get a hang for the basics, the easiest way to get started (from my
experience) seems to be to either work on some new samples or create a new
Entity Store.

The good part of being a really small project is, that mistakes are never
going to kill anyone. Especially pre-3.0, when all changes are in principle
allowed.

Once you start looking around, you might notice that most tests are not
unit tests, but "feature tests", as the runtime starts up quickly (compared
to regular Spring tests) enough to do that. This approach has allowed 3
major re-writes of the runtime (the implementation), without touching the
test suite.

If you have any suggestion on documentation improvements, please let us
know.

Cheers
Niclas

On Wed, Jul 27, 2016 at 1:33 PM, Nemeth Sandor <sandor.nemeth.1986@gmail.com