polygene-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: ValueSerialization mystery
Date Sun, 03 Jul 2016 14:08:43 GMT
I am about halfway through a new implementation that only has the the
"token"-level parsing (I think you call that "push"). It seems to simplify
the design, although a lot more code for token checks, but I think it is
the right thing to do.
In this, it doesn't seem to hard to support both Map formats, basically by
key type. If key type is plain (String, number, date and few others) then
the object format will be used and otherwise the key/value entry format is
used.

As for "_type", I am not sure yet, but I think ParameterizedTypes will be
required and inability to provide that will simply serialize with Java
Object Serialization (if it cand) or fail. I will report back when I am
nearer to the tricky bits.

Niclas

--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer