polygene-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Merlin <p...@nosphere.org>
Subject Re: Zest QuickStart??
Date Sun, 03 Jul 2016 14:44:26 GMT
Niclas Hedhman a écrit :
> I am looking for a ultra-smooth way to get started, and that is why the
> "Zest Shell" is being created.
>
> A second step is the "Quick Start" or "Zest Boot" script.
>
> Take a look at https://zest.apache.org/java/develop/quick-start.html and
> come back with feedback whether it is reasonable or not, before I spend to
> much time making it work properly.
>
> Cheers

That sounds like a great idea to me.

I just tried the script from a locally built dist but it didn't work,
failed with a syntax error in the shell script. I vaguely tried to make
it work to no avail.

One idea. To allow for easy contributed templates I'd be in favor of
simple directories or/and github repositories that the script clones and
apply some "templating engine" on the content.