polygene-dev mailing list archives

From Georg Ragaller <z...@dev.ragaller.org>
Subject Re: New committer; Georg Ragaller
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2016 13:31:42 GMT
Am 2016-06-16 08:19, schrieb Paul Merlin:
> Welcome Georg!
>
> Niclas Hedhman a écrit :
>> Gang,
>> I would like to announce that we have a new committer.
>>
>> Georg Ragaller has been with the Qi4j community since way back in time
>> (2007?) and supplied a few patches here and there.
>>
>> I am delighted that he followed with us to Apache, and hope that his
>> interest will continue and perhaps even pickup a bit over time.
>>

>> Welcome, Georg!!
>>
>> We would be happy to receive a short introduction.
>>
>> Cheers

Hi all,

thanks for the warm welcome.

Here's my (very) short introduction:

- interested in computers since 1979, when my father an enthusiastic
amateur radio operator bought a NASCOM 1
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nascom), so my very first programming
experience was Z80 assembly language (I'm sure I forgot almost
everything :) ) (@Niclas: a FORTH interpreter was also available)
- after finishing school I studied CS at the Technische Universität
München (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technical_University_of_Munich),
where most of my programming work was done in C and C++, some ADA,
Modula-2 and Modula-3
- therafter I started working as fulltime developer in C/C++ and since
1998 Java has become my principal programming language

Thanks!