polygene-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Fwd: Worked LICENSE and NOTICE example
Date Fri, 24 Jun 2016 09:57:53 GMT
This info might be useful to us.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com>
Date: Thu, Jun 23, 2016 at 8:16 AM
Subject: Worked LICENSE and NOTICE example
To: general@incubator.apache.org

Hi,

At the last ApacheCon I was discussing with Marvin about some of the issues
around assembling license and notice files. One of the ideas we come up
with was to have some worked examples.

So here is a small example I put together of a fictional Apache project
using Bootstrap. Code is on github [1] and the checkins show each step
needed to bring LICENSE and NOTICE into complicance. I’ve also made a short
(4 minutes) screen cast of the process here [2].

Feedback, spelling errors, legal corrections/queries etc etc all welcome.
Do people think this is useful and would they like to see more examples?

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://github.com/justinmclean/ApacheWombat
2. https://vimeo.com/171210141