polygene-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: Build system problem
Date Sun, 12 Jun 2016 12:47:24 GMT
Ok, thanks...

All build systems become black magic within weeks after start using it. ;-)

That's why I am curiously watching
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TH9VCN6UkyQ&list=PLmV5I2fxaiCKfxMBrNsU1kgKJXD3PkyxO
where Jonathan Blow is slowly evolving a very pragmatic high performance
programming language, without big agenda. Very deliberating.
One of the earliest things he did, was to remove the massive toolchain and
the language itself is its own build system (so to speak). Recommended for
people who are curious about alternate ways....

Nicls