polygene-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Merlin <p...@nosphere.org>
Subject Flaky tests and CI
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2016 17:31:40 GMT
Gang,

We have some flaky tests.

We know about Metrics and Scheduler tests.
Both are time-related.

For Metrics, maybe a simple retry strategy would do. WDYT Niclas?

The Scheduler library situation is not good.
I'm tempted to simply disable the tests until a rewrite occurs.

And the new kid on the block is the Rest library.
Tests started to fail from time to time with root cause of "Address
already in use".
The tests starts the rest server on port 8192 that may be used by
something else, on o.a.builds it is sometime used by something, it
appears to be more frequent recently.
The tests should be adapted to use FreePortFinder from testsupport.

Cheers