polygene-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: entity composite query
Date Fri, 27 May 2016 07:02:22 GMT
Cool that you figured this out.
The Reindexer is totally under your control and doesn't kick in
automatically in any way or form. We thought of trying to find a way to
figure out when/if the index gets out of sync, but concluded that it was
too expensive overhead to do this.

Basically, the Reindexer will be bound to the EntityStore that is VIsible,
ask for all Entities, by calling entityStates() and forward those to all
StateChangeListeners that are Visible.

So, you call reindex() on the Reindexer. If you have many reindexer, you
could call reindexAll() which will locate all reindexers and call reindex()
on each. This is useful when there are many modules of entity stores.

There are two general issues that you need to keep in mind;

  1. Not all Entity Stores implements entityStates(), mostly because the
underlying store doesn't provide a convenient mechanism to iterate
everything.

  2. Unless you first clear all in the Index, deletions will not be
detected, and therefor the index might contain to many entity references in
that case.

Additionally, reindexing is not really thread safe, so need to bring the
system down while reindexing is happening.

I hope that clears the smoke.

Niclas

--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer