polygene-dev mailing list archives

From "zhuangmz08" <zhuangm...@qq.com>
Subject EntityStore entity_state length limit(MySQL varchar(10000))? binary format EntityStore?
Date Fri, 15 Apr 2016 02:14:00 GMT
Hi, I like the idea to persist domain data as entities in EntityStore so much! I have some
questions as follows, any help will be appreciated.
1. I find if I use MySQL, entity_state will be limited to varchar(10000)? If I use Postgres,
entity_state will be [text] whose limitation might be 1GB?
Another confusion is that there is only ONE SQL table for ALL entity type? Or ONE SQL table
for ONE entity type?
2. I'd like to use Zest for designing domain model on timeseries-based data which will be
very big scale. SQL might be too slow. How could I using EntityStore for KairosDB(https://github.com/kairosdb/kairosdb)
or  Influxdb(https://github.com/influxdata/influxdb)?
3. EntityStore is persisted in JSON text format? Can I using binary format which might occupy
less disk space?
Thanks a lot!