polygene-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Copyright headers.
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2016 01:18:09 GMT
Hi,
The ASF legal framework exists to (among other things) protect the
individual contributors from litigation. The Legal Affairs committee
concluded a long time ago that by removing both "Copyright" and "@author"
marks in the source files, the technical "effort" or "knowledge" required
to look for the actual individuals behind the code is raised, and therefor
lowers the risk to the individual.

Legal Affairs committee therefor recommends that all marks of individuals
are removed from source files. I agree with this policy, but we don't have
to change our sources now if we don't want.

Any opinions?

Cheers
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer