polygene-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: Help with task: Composite Oriented Programmiing with Apache Zest
Date Fri, 08 Apr 2016 00:39:08 GMT
Balaji,
first order of business; You need to subscribe to dev@zest.apache.org. See
http://zest.apache.org/community/participate.html and
dev-subscribe@zest.apache.org should work... Let us/me know if you have
trouble with that.

Secondly; A Big Welcome...

It is great that you want to assist. But please be aware that Zest can feel
somewhat intimidating at first, due to its very different nature.

Zest runtime grabs control of the method execution, and therefor can
control many aspects of the application being written, such as disallowing
'null' as arguments unless explicitly declared. I think it is quite
important to have a reasonable understanding of how to use Zest, before
being able to tackle implementation details.

I recommend starting with the "Zest in 42 minutes" and other tutorials.
    http://zest.apache.org/java/latest/tutorials.html

And it would help us quite a lot if you are able to provide feedback on
what is hard to grasp, and please ask a lot of questions. This can help us
gauge how hard the material is to consume and where we need additional
explanation.

Cheers
Niclas

--