polygene-dev mailing list archives

From Jiri Jetmar <juergen.jet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Update from Niclas
Date Sun, 14 Feb 2016 20:38:28 GMT
ESP8266 - indeed  a interesting device. I see the market for it. So what
you did now, is to add a temperature sensor on the UART or SPI interface.

One needs to supply this devices with power. USB is indeed one option, but
what about to
"plug/click" them it on the 220 V power cable and let it inductively take
the few mW that are required ? I guess it works with LAN cables in a
similar way. Would be a really cool option to monitor the whole house.

Yes, data management is the key for a useful scenario !

Cheers,
Jiri