polygene-dev mailing list archives

From Jiri Jetmar <juergen.jet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Update from Niclas
Date Sun, 14 Feb 2016 15:55:56 GMT
Hi Niclas,

so you are hacking now on hardware ? Interesting.. Just curious - what is
that unique on a ESP8266
based temperature sensor ? Does it go to the direction of IoT ?
Independently of that - if you need some, I can surely help you. And to
"burn" a new firmware should not
be a big problem.. :-)

An idea on this topic. You mentioned you are building the backoffice for
the sensor as well. What about
to pipe the sensor data to a blockchain ? Means to build a smart contract
and let the sensor write the data
directly to such a contract  :

contract SimpleStorage {
    uint storedData;

    function set(uint x) {
        storedData = x;
    }
    function get() constant returns (uint retVal) {
        return storedData;
    }
}

This is a solidity ethereum.org contract to simply store data. One can
extend the concept and charge some little money
from those parties who wants to "get()" some data and hence the sensor can
pay for him self.

Cheers,
Jiri