polygene-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: Update from Niclas
Date Mon, 22 Feb 2016 11:37:06 GMT
Touch sensors are a little bit tricky, if you want a reasonable amount of
accuracy. A lot of losses unless very well insulated.
That said, the challenge is not so much the electronics but the mechanical
part. Easy to install is the main factor, and power supply is a primary
concern... Will leave this for a bit later.

Peltier; you mean a Seebeck element ;-)
It is not trivial to collect, but something I have been thinking about for
more than a year. Without very clunky mechanical arrangements, the
extraction is very small and power budget becomes a major challenge. It is
more research than I can afford at the moment, bit definitely an
interesting area.

Niclas