polygene-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: Update from Niclas
Date Mon, 22 Feb 2016 11:24:06 GMT
Well, "something is triggered" is very vague, so that brings it back to
having a programming environment readily available, I.e. my Forth.

In reality, I intend to make regulator/controller devices that are
programmable that polls (or possibly subscribes to) sensors and push to
actuators. This is still not very distinct, but that's where I want the
actor model of multi-tasking to come into the picture.

Cheers
Niclas
On Feb 22, 2016 4:22 PM, "Sandro Martini" <sandro.martini@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
> another use case I see in other products is to enable a range of
> temperatures, and when the value goes outside, something is triggered,
> for example a led starts to flash.
>
> Niclas, do you think your sensor could be packaged even with this ?
>
> Bye,
> Sandro

> > Sounds impressive.. !
> >
> > another usecase for a Wifi temperature sensor. What about to put a little
> > magnet to it
> > so that it sticks on a heating body.
> >
> > With a peltier element it would be eventually possible to generate enough
> > power (from the temperature delta) over
> > the day for a transmission.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Jiri

> >> Update; Yesterday I located the last major bug in the Forth interpreter.
> >> Yay!!!
> >>
> >> ~1k assembler instructions, and ~8kbytes of RAM space for the JonesForth
> >> vocabulary.
> >>
> >> Today I am starting on a TCP socket for the REPL, instead of the serial
> >> port used so far.
> >>
> >> GPIO, ADC and other peripherals will be very straight forward memory
> >> operations. Probably borrow from
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Forth_Lesson_22
> >>
> >> I have also decided on the multitasking model, and going for an Actor
> model
> >> similar to Erlang, but adopted for Forth concepts (messages on stack).
> >> Still not sure how to do memory allocation separation in a good manner,
> but
> >> I'll get there.
> >>
> >> Cheers
> >> Niclas