polygene-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: Inconsistency between indexers and stores?
Date Tue, 15 Dec 2015 04:45:30 GMT
Ok, so I have created a Multi-layered testing framework for Indexing/Query,
but only populated two simple testcases.

Access Layer
   DomainLayer
      PersistenceLayer
      IndexingLayer
and then a ConfigLayer under both the Persistence and Indexing, which might
not be needed.

I think the EntityStore should not need to have Visibiilty of Indexer
(org.apache.zest.spi.entitystore.StateChangeListener) and instead I think
it should be from the point of view of the UnitOfWork, i.e. the Module,
performing the "store+index" operation.

And it is for that reason, the test is setup so that the DomainLayer has
the Persistence and the Indexing in separate layers, so they can't see each
other.

What I would REALLY like to get help with, is to "convert" the many
indexing/query test cases to this new structure.
For each @Test method in the old tests,

  a. Create a TestCase 'service' by modifying the TestSuite1Module
  b. Add a field for it in AbstractMultiLayeredIndexingTest
  c. Create a @Test method in AbstractMultiLayeredIndexingTest

So, what is next?

Kent suggested that UnitOfWork should have a better grip on the whole
Indexing/Query process, and I agree. I am also keen on making UnitOfWork a
user-defined composite in itself, and will look into what is required for
that. I think it is simply a matter of looking up the UnitOfWorkFactory as
a regular service, some convenience classes, and possibly more access to
the internals via the ZestSPI.

Niclas

--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer