polygene-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Looking into ZEST-105
Date Wed, 16 Dec 2015 18:08:43 GMT
Gang,
I am in the process of "fixing" the value serialization, which in turn will
probably fix some Querying related stuff.

The idea is that the same process that UnitOfWork effectively does to
serialize an object is done in reverse to deserialize it.

That means that the "Module" will be passed into the ValueDeserializer, and
on each Composite it encounters, it needs to lookup the Module of that type
from the Module it currently is at. I remember that the same problem
existed way back in time...

While doing this, I noticed a big design flaw in the whole Core Runtime.
Too much things are placed into the ModuleInstance, which should be in the
ModuleModel. This in turn will trigger a big refactoring to get the
separation correct.

I am creating yet another branch for this work (off the ZEST-132 branch).

Cheers
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer